What happened to Audrey Fang? Timeline of Singapore tourist’s brutal murder in southern Spain which saw her stabbed 30 times and dumped in a lorry park

THE murder of Audrey Fang has left friends and family back home in Singapore in a state of shock.

The 39-year-old was found dead in a lorry park in Murcia, some 150km away from where she was last seen alive.

Below is a timeline of events leading up to and following her brutal murder…

Audrey Fang vanished from Alicante last week

On April 4, Audrey, an architect, checked into a luxury hotel in Javea on the Costa Blanca.

She had travelled to Spain alone and was due to check out on April 10. It was not her first time travelling solo.

However on April 9, she left her hotel, leaving all her belongings and suitcases behind, and was never seen alive again.

Her family last spoke to her on that same day and she was spotted on CCTV walking out of the hotel at around 8.45pm.

She had been due to fly back to Singapore from Barcelona but did not make the journey to Catalunya.

On April 10, a man spotted a body while going to have breakfast at a restaurant next to the RM-422 Fortuna-Pinoso road, in Murcia – some 150km away from Audrey’s hotel.

However there was no identification on the victim and authorities struggled to identify the body.

Crime scene where body believed to be Audrey Fang’s was discoverd in Murcia

On April 12, Audrey’s anxious brother waited for her at the airport in Singapore but she did not come off the flight.

It was then that her relatives filed a police report and also made contact with the country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

According to Singapore’s Straits Times newspaper, a family friend said that Audrey had told some acquaintances that she was going to meet somebody she knew during her visit to Spain, but they were not aware of who it was.

A desperate search by police ensued for several days in and around Alicante.

BREAKING: Missing Singapore tourist is found dead after vanishing from Alicante: Police arrest alleged killer
Audrey Fang was an architect who was used to travelling alone

On April 17, it was revealed that police believed the body found in Murcia belonged to Audrey.

The Guardia Civil today announced that they had arrested a suspect in Alicante province on Tuesday, before transferring him to police in Murcia.

The case is now being run by the Court of Instruction number 3 of Cieza (Murcia) and it is expected that the suspect will be brought before a judge within the next two days.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *