Audrey Fang’s alleged killer is jailed without bail in southern Spain while the investigation into her grisly murder continues

THE alleged killer of Singaporean tourist Audrey Fang will remain behind bars as the investigation into her murder continues.

An investigative judge at a Cieza court in Murcia, southern Spain, made the ruling on Friday after taking into account all the available evidence.

Audrey, an architect, 39, was last seen on CCTV leaving her luxury hotel and spa in Javea, Alicante, on the Costa Blanca, on April 9.

Her body was found the next day some 150km away in Abanilla, Murcia, where it had been cruelly discarded on a dirt road where lorries usually park.

READ MORE: Timeline of the grisly murder of Audrey Fang

BREAKING: Missing Singapore tourist is found dead after vanishing from Alicante: Police arrest alleged killer
Audrey Fang was an architect who was used to travelling alone

The suspect, a 43-year-old from Singapore, was arrested on Tuesday after the body was identified by police as Audrey.

According to Guardia Civil sources, his car was seen on CCTV picking up Audrey on the day she left her hotel.

While they could not make out a plate number, they were able to decipher the make and model and ‘other relevant details’ which allowed them to track the vehicle down to another hotel in Alicante province.

There, officers apprehended the suspect, where they found evidence of the savage murder, reports La Opinion de Murcia.

This morning he was dragged before a judge under the watchful eye of Audrey’s brother and two other relatives, who had flown in from Singapore.

The victim’s sibling, who is said to be in a state of shock, had to identify her body.

RIP: Audrey Fang was brutally stabbed to death in eastern Spain

Sources close to the investigation added that Audrey and her alleged killer were not officially a couple.

However, according to Spanish reports, it is not ruled out that when they met, he wanted to have sexual relations and she refused.

A working theory is that this rejection could have sent the suspect into a rage, leading him to stab Audrey more than 30 times.

Audrey had been due to travel to Barcelona on April 10 to catch a flight home to Singapore, but never arrived.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *